google analytics

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

a view on the most frequent causes of "illness" in a Western society

About eight years ago I had to write up a curriculum by which I would train young medical practitioners in my office.
Though in large parts written in non-medical simple German language it was approved by the Medical Council which surprised me considerably. I obtained the licence to train doctors for 24 months.


I try to translate the central part.

A General Practitioner's view on the most frequent causes of suffering and illness in rich capitalist Western countries

Lack of movement
Lack of motivation
Lack of true feeling
Lack of experience of self "value"
Lack of any true/own image of oneself
Lack of "valuable"/own/true/right aims in life

Estrangement from one's life and self. Inability to use the tools of thought and questions. Rigidity in imagination. Dependency on social convention leading to fear, failure and confusion. Environmental and self poisoning.

I advocated a different schooling system as a footnote, also stressing that teaching sports as a subject oriented on high performance and good marks should be of less importance than leading children and adults into the experience of joy of movement, even if not completely without discipline

No comments: