google analytics

Sunday, May 3, 2015

invocation

i invoke
you
and you ,
spirit of my forest,

your green and golden
tenderness, the crystal
dew in your foliage,
your fragile growth

and the strength of your trees.
i invoke the hungry wolves
gnawing at my heart
to drink sunlight,

to transmute into warm
and caring shepherds,
to synchronize their pulse
with the rhythms of my blood

i invoke
you
to wake to my morning
and into my night

i invoke
your dreams , your hair,
your eyes , your breath
to be near

at the time
of our suffering
and at the time
of my death

i invoke
the ocean, the rivers,
the waves and the wind
and the flight of birds

across these strange skies,
through fear and pride
and longing:
i invoke the song

i invoke the dance,
all the joy
and  ease of laughs:
i invoke the child

i invoke you,
sleep,
to solve riddles
and to bring peace.










No comments: