google analytics

Thursday, February 18, 2016

1500 miles

1500 miles
something like years
she said estrangement
but it had been there
all along

1500 miles
something like tears.
Blood in a vacuum cleaner
excuse me, it is a mess.
and not one bit nearer

1500 miles
i left the road
wandering in the desert
I saw the Rose of Jericho
flowering in the rain

but i stayed with the thistles
i eat them
as i am hungry
and i trot through stones
like a donkey

At times i thought:
do donkeys grin?
and now i ponder
when i will.
time will show.

Nobody can flow
forever floating,
either you flow
or you float.
I am not a boat.

I am a river
and i follow my bed
as i must
obliged to the will of the sky
and the weather.


note:
a continuing expectation that i must float
and just be there
somewhere next
and somewhere away
is not where i want to be.
i am floating enough.
two rivers flowing together
are much stronger.
but i will reach the sea
even if i should be weaker alone.





No comments: