google analytics

Monday, September 26, 2016

on the German health system and the imminent ruin of an old doctor

Today i am very troubled.

I have been a doctor since 1978,
for nearly 25 years now a General Medical Practitioner in
my own office here in the rural South of Germany..
In 2018 i want to stop work. Now i am 66 years old.

Apart from other work i care for 3 nursing homes.
My prescriptions are "over budget" each year.
Now i am threatened with paying the excess
out of my own pocket which is fairly empty.

We are talking about sums of 28-58 000 Euros yearly !
for the years 2015 until end of my working time,
to be paid 2018, 2019, 2020.

Does anyone think this is ok?
I don't.

I try to look for professional help,
but the chances are not good, maybe only to lower
the cost by a few thousand Euros.

Is it not enough to have paid taxes all these many years,
do our laws need to ruin the hope for ageing peacefully,
as if it was not enough to grow old and frail and walk towards
death?

I do not understand and cannot accept, at least i don't know
how.

No comments: