google analytics

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

under my pillow


i woke and searched
under my pillow,
i found the big mouse
my cat had brought,

it was dead .
i discovered
lavender, linden flowers,
their sweet scent,

burs sticking to
my woolen blanket,
sandalwood and socks
under my bed

i found a box
with dreams
walking with you
under  chestnut trees,

us swimming
in a secret lake
naked
in a summer's night

and our laughter
bubbling out of
the soft water
and the sweetness

of giggles ,
whispers sinking
into my ears,
the release of silence

and sleep
and a dream,
i woke with
your hand in mine,

i found a child sing
and smiles
and eyes
holding me near

like arms,
and i set the box
gently down,
exhaling memories,

breathing
i ate a bowl
of blueberries
and it rained outside,

drops falling on
the tin roof
drumming me
back into sleep












No comments: