google analytics

Sunday, September 17, 2017

poems and texts, Zen and others, source: another blog i like, 'Lightly and Patiently...'


Mind at Peace
When the mind is at peace,
the world too is at peace.
Nothing real, nothing absent.
Not holding on to reality,
not getting stuck in the void,
you are neither holy or wise, just
an ordinary fellow who has completed his work.
P'ang Yün

Being as Is
Food and clothes sustain
Body and life;
I advise you to learn
Being as is.
When it's time,
I move my hermitage and go,
And there's nothing
To be left behind.
P'ang Yün

Mindfulness
Spring comes with its flowers, autumn with the moon,
summer with breezes, winter with snow;
when useless things don't stick in the mind,
that is your best season.
Wu-men Huai-kai


Chang Chiu-ch'en's Poem of Enlightenment
春天月夜一聲蛙
撞破乾坤共一家
In a moonlit night on a spring day,
The croak of a frog
Pierces through the whole cosmos and turns it into
a single family!
Chang Chiu-ch'en (張九成)


The Essence
The bamboo shadows are sweeping the stairs,
Buy no dust is stirred:
The moonlight penetrates deep in the bottom of the pool,
But no trace is left in the water.
Author unknown 

One with It
Long seeking it through others,
I was far from reaching it.
Now I go by myself;
I meet it everywhere.
It is just I myself,
And I am not itself.
Understanding this way,
I can be as I am.
Ch'an master Tung-shan Ling-chia

No comments: